You don’t have to go all Clark Griswold to show your holiday spirit. Decorations can be subtle, tasteful and inviting when a house is up for sale during the holiday months.
Sure, there are two sides to this: Some staging and real estate professionals assert that you shouldn’t decorate at all during the holidays, careful not to offend those who don’t celebrate the holiday. Others argue you should definitely decorate and that a festive house can welcome buyers. How much or how little you decorate may be open to debate with your home sellers. But if you are looking to add in some tasteful holiday decor this season toa home, here are some ideas:
1. Dress up the doorstep with a wreath and planter.Silver is shiny and can reflect the sun, making it a great choice to get others to stop and take notice of a home.
Photo by Mary Prince Photography
2. Highlight thefireplace mantelwith holiday décor to get this amenity to take center stage in the room.But don’t overcrowd it with decorations. Less is sometimes more, in this case.
Photo by AM Dolce Vita–More transitional home design ideas
3. Make a flower box more festive.Try adding berries orornaments.
Photo by GreenCraft Associates
4. Offer up some holiday treats to visitors.Filled candy bowls and cookies will be a welcome surprise and may make buyers want to linger.
Photo by Lord Design
5. Put up a tree but have it blend into the style of the home.The tree in this dining room below compliments the subtle hues used in this French Country styled room. Have the tree coordinate with colors already used in the home’s decor.
Photo by Michelle
6. Consider day and nightappeal.Keep theholiday decorationslooking as good in the daylight as they are in the dark.
Photo by Kerrie L. Kelly
7. Stage the table for a holiday feast.Show off the entertaining aspects the home has to offer.
Photo by The Expert Touch Interiors
8. Use garland to highlight a feature.For example, get them to notice that curvy stairway with some festive garland wrapped around it.
Photo by Regina Gust Designs
9. Add in some poinsettias.The holiday plant aren’t only festive but the red-popping color can add to a room’s tables or doorstep.
Photo by Robeson Design
10. Draw from greenery.Use nature-inspired green to enhance a room with subtle décor.
Photo by Vale Garden Houses
Author:Exit Realty Phone: 561-907-9299 Dated: December 21st 2016 Views: 118 About Exit: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-701-8124 now.
"Thu, May 19, 2016
Joseph Schneider went above and beyond the capacity of a realtor. He facilitated in making the process of us purchasing our first home less stressful because of his knowledge and experience. Joseph made sure that every aspect of our transaction was handled in a professional and timely manner. Whatever we asked for in our search for the perfect home, he made sure that he did his due diligence. Joseph was referred to us and we would most definitely refer him to anyone who is looking to purchase or sell a home."