When searching for a home one of the most difficult stages for potential buyers is narrowing the field. How can someone decide when there always seems to be a "next great thing" just waiting to come on the market, or 2-3 homes that all have close to what you're looking for?
Here are a few tips to help you hone in on that perfect home when there are just too many to choose from:
1. Make a list of must haves. Knowing what you need to have in a home, whether it be location, a 1st floor master, or a gated community, being able to pinpoint those needs will help you with your decision.
2. Have a list of what you do NOT want. Understanding your non-negotiable is crucial. A home may seem almost perfect, but if it is not in the school zone you need it to be in, or have a large enough yard for the fur baby you should feel whole about walking away.
3. Pay attention to the price per square foot. While there is truth to the saying, "you get what you pay for," when comparing similar homes the difference in the price per square foot can prove to be a black and white way to make that final decision.
4. Don't ask all of your friends and family for their opinions. While many people love to seek the approval of others, in the case of a home search too many opinions can cloud your judgment and taint your decision making.
5. Last but not least, trust your instincts. If you walk into a home and feel like you've walked into "your home" don't fight it.
Author:Hadar Goldberg Phone: 561-389-6038 Dated: March 1st 2016 Views: 289 About Hadar: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-701-8124 now.
"Among the real estate brokers that 1've worked with, Mrs. Margarita Zhemukhova is the only one that 1 felt comfortable and gave me an ease of mind to work with. She is responsible , conscientious , hard working and reliable agent. I would recommend her to all my families and my friends for real estate"