It’s a mistake to become so preoccupied with staging the interior of a home that you neglect tospruce up the front porch. But even though it’s the first space buyers will see during a showing, many real estate pros overlook the front porch, Dawn T. Totty, a designer in Chattanooga, Tenn., told realtor.com®. “Designing a well-curated front porch not only adds value to your home, but it also creates another opportunity for you to increase your living space,” Totty says. “Think of it as your outdoor living room.”
Realtor.com® offered a few ideas, including:
1. Set a table.If there’s space, add a cocktail and side table to add coziness to the front porch. A bistro table with two to four chairs may work as well.
2. Add some artwork.“Artwork, or even a mirror placed on an inside wall, can create interest and give the look of an indoor living space,” Totty says. Just make sure to place it in a weather-proofed spot so it doesn’t get damaged.
3. Upgrade the lighting.“Flush-mount lighting is not the only option,” Totty says. She recommends a modern semiflush-mount light or a pendant light.
4. Bring in some furnishings.If space isn’t an issue, choose some sturdy, weather-proofed furnishings, such as a sofa, love seat, or arm chair. Make sure it’s upholstered in outdoor-friendly fabric. Then, add a throw blanket along the side. You want to create “a living room aesthetic for year-round use,” Totty says.
5. Paint the ceiling.Try a color like sky blue on the ceiling of the front porch to “increase the depth of the space and ensure the architecture remains the focal point,” suggests Dee Schlotter, senior color marketing manager at paint company PPG. Pick a color that will harmonize with the surrounding landscape, she suggests.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-792-3948 now.
Foreign buyers are here in the Sunshine State. International inv
"When I sold my home I interviewed many Companies. Knowing most buyers come from the internet I was looking for a Company with a strong internet presence. I googled some terms like, "Lake Worth Homes For Sale" and "homes for sale in Lake Worth", and almost every time Exit Realty Premier was on the first page of Google. Then when I met with the agent from Exit Realty Premier and saw the HD photographs, aerial photos, on line visual tours and videos and all the technology I was sold. I signed with them and sold my home in record time, for the price I wanted and had a smooth quick closing. My agent was very professional and knowledgeable and kept me informed every step of the way.