As temperatures warm up, utility bills can increase.HomeSelfe, a company that offers energy efficiency reports of homes, offers some of the following tips to help home owners save on utility bills this summer:
1. Apply a window film.If you don’t want to install drapes or blinds to cover your windows, consider a window film. Home owners will still be able to see out their windows while also blocking some of the heat. For installation, home owners often just need to measure the size of the window, cut the film, and then adhere it to the window.
2. Clean the air filters.Dirty air filters can cause utility bills to increase. “When filters get dirty, the heating and cooling system has to work harder and consumer more energy to do its job,” according to HomeSelfe. “With clean filters, the system can cool your home more efficiently and help you save on utility bills.”
3. Collect rainwater.Cut your water use and consider using rain barrels to start collecting rainwater. You can then use the trapped water for your garden. “Rain barrels, typically made of plastic or wood, sit at the end of your gutter downspout and collect the rainwater as it flows out,” HomeSelfe notes. “When the storm is over, you’ll have a good amount of water that you can recycle on your garden during drier times.”
4. Add mulch.Layer mulch throughout a garden to help slow evaporation. Water will stay on the ground longer and offer the plants more time to absorb it. You’ll be able to water less frequently.
5. Install a programmable thermostat.Set the temperature of your home for particular times throughout the day to help curb costs. Set your thermostat to turn off while you’re at work and cool down while you’re on your way home. Programmable thermostats can help reduce energy use by your air conditioner.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-701-8124 now.
Let’s Make Sure We are Prepared for Hurricane SeasonLiving in South
"Thu, May 19, 2016
Joseph Schneider went above and beyond the capacity of a realtor. He facilitated in making the process of us purchasing our first home less stressful because of his knowledge and experience. Joseph made sure that every aspect of our transaction was handled in a professional and timely manner. Whatever we asked for in our search for the perfect home, he made sure that he did his due diligence. Joseph was referred to us and we would most definitely refer him to anyone who is looking to purchase or sell a home."