A kitchen remodel can be expensive, and homeowners are justifiably careful about staying within budget. However, there are certain areas in every kitchen where a splurge may be worth the price in terms of efficiency, looks, and durability.
HGTV suggests six areas where a few lavish touches are worth the extra expense:
1. Commercial-Grade Range Hood- Investing in a commercial-style range hood means never having to deal with cooking odors—and keeping a busy kitchen cooler.
2. High-Quality Hardware– Look for quality cabinet knobs, hinges and pulls in brushed nickel, bronze or stainless steel. They add class to any kitchen and will last longer than those made of plastic or wood. For the ultimate in opulence, spring for hand-blown glass.
3. Soft-Close Doors and Drawers– You can’t slam these quiet drawers or doors, which makes for a more serene kitchen. They are also great for young families because they close slowly, so little hands and fingers won't get caught or pinched in them.
4. Solid Surface Countertop– Laminate is cheap, but it doesn’t stand up and looks tired long before its time. Splurge on granite or sealed concrete, which will look beautiful and last for many years. (Bonus: It’s a great selling feature!)
5. Stainless Steel Appliances– These are worth the added expense because they are stylish, sophisticated and efficient. The newest models offer greater versatility than more traditional models.
6. Warming Drawer– Look for an oven that comes with a warming drawer, or have one custom-built into your kitchen. They are ideal for entertaining, keeping food at just the right temperature for late guests.
Lastly—and most importantly—invest in a professional. An experienced kitchen designer can help ensure you get the kitchen of your dreams without the guesswork or stress.
By Barbara Pronin
Author:Ray Negron Phone: 561-202-4369 Dated: May 3rd 2016 Views: 82 About Ray: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-701-8124 now.
"Tue, May 17, 2016
Just wanted to take a moment to recommend an outstanding real estate agent. About a year ago my wife and I looked into buying a new house. We looked at exit realty's website and the next morning we received a call from Joseph Schneider. He is a true professional with an outstanding personality he will instantly make you feel welcome as if you're working with a longtime friend. My wife had unusual requests for the property and Joseph listened and found the property meeting all our needs. He is patient and knowledgeable I would recommend him to all. We purchased our new home in August and since then Joseph has remained in contact, just checking in from time to time. You can look but I doubt you will find a better agent !"