Home owners crave outdoor spaces for gathering and entertaining, which is why it's important to highlight your listings’ outdoor spaces.
RISMedia recently highlighted some of the following outdoor trends:
1. Natural wood and stone:Natural wood and stone features are popular today, even those made of faux materials like vinyl. “This design trend can make an outdated home look modern on the exterior, causing more buyers to stop and schedule a showing,” the RISMedia article notes.
2. Privacy:Home owners love outdoor space but they also like their privacy. Make the outdoor space more private. Place walls around the pergola, enclose a gazebo, or use tall shrubbery to create more backyard privacy.
3. Lighting:Good outdoor lighting helps make a property appear more inviting and improves the security. Make sure there are plenty of lights on the backyard or deck. Solar lighting can be an inexpensive way to add more lights, if the wiring isn’t in place. “A well-lit deck lends itself to summer barbecues and parties,” the article notes.
4. Low-maintenance landscaping:Buyers tend to be drawn to low maintenance. Try using perennials, which can add a splash of color, but don’t need to be replanted every year. Also, mulch and rock can help keep weeds away while also enhancing the space’s look. Stone walkways and decorative items can further spruce up a lawn, without adding in extra maintenance.
5. Fire pits and fireplaces:A fire pit can provide an outdoor spot for easy entertaining. Stage it with chairs all around and ready for making s’mores.
6. Outdoor structures:To enhance a backyard, a gazebo or pergola can go a long way to help making the space more inviting. “These outdoor structures boost the function, and therefore increase your home’s value,” the article notes.
Author:Exit Realty Phone: 561-907-9299 Dated: May 11th 2016 Views: 208 About Exit: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-701-8124 now.
Don't get scammed!!! I was reading this email this week about th
"When I sold my home I interviewed many Companies. Knowing most buyers come from the internet I was looking for a Company with a strong internet presence. I googled some terms like, "Lake Worth Homes For Sale" and "homes for sale in Lake Worth", and almost every time Exit Realty Premier was on the first page of Google. Then when I met with the agent from Exit Realty Premier and saw the HD photographs, aerial photos, on line visual tours and videos and all the technology I was sold. I signed with them and sold my home in record time, for the price I wanted and had a smooth quick closing. My agent was very professional and knowledgeable and kept me informed every step of the way.