Home owners crave outdoor spaces for gathering and entertaining, which is why it's important to highlight your listings’ outdoor spaces.
RISMedia recently highlighted some of the following outdoor trends:
1. Natural wood and stone:Natural wood and stone features are popular today, even those made of faux materials like vinyl. “This design trend can make an outdated home look modern on the exterior, causing more buyers to stop and schedule a showing,” the RISMedia article notes.
2. Privacy:Home owners love outdoor space but they also like their privacy. Make the outdoor space more private. Place walls around the pergola, enclose a gazebo, or use tall shrubbery to create more backyard privacy.
3. Lighting:Good outdoor lighting helps make a property appear more inviting and improves the security. Make sure there are plenty of lights on the backyard or deck. Solar lighting can be an inexpensive way to add more lights, if the wiring isn’t in place. “A well-lit deck lends itself to summer barbecues and parties,” the article notes.
4. Low-maintenance landscaping:Buyers tend to be drawn to low maintenance. Try using perennials, which can add a splash of color, but don’t need to be replanted every year. Also, mulch and rock can help keep weeds away while also enhancing the space’s look. Stone walkways and decorative items can further spruce up a lawn, without adding in extra maintenance.
5. Fire pits and fireplaces:A fire pit can provide an outdoor spot for easy entertaining. Stage it with chairs all around and ready for making s’mores.
6. Outdoor structures:To enhance a backyard, a gazebo or pergola can go a long way to help making the space more inviting. “These outdoor structures boost the function, and therefore increase your home’s value,” the article notes.
Author:Salvatore Defrisco Phone: 561-644-0052 Dated: May 11th 2016 Views: 289 About Salvatore: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-792-3948 now.
By the way children have a major say in home buying. Almos
"Margarita Zhemukhova very quickly found us the property we were looking for at a price we could afford. In working with her we found her to be always available to meet, very prompt in returning e-mails and phone calls (within minutes), pro-active in altering us to the next steps in closing and a pleasure to work with. I would definitely use her again and recommend her to anyone needing real estate services.