There is something about buying a fixer-upper and doing the renovations yourself. Some people fix them up a bit at a time, using cash as they have it available. If you want to make a big impact by doing small things, here are ten things you need to include
* Change out the Lighting Nothing says outdated like an old-fashioned gold chandelier. Lighting is something that can be updated easily and won't cost a bunch of money.
* Paint There is an old saying "if a barn needs to be painted, slap some paint on it." Yu will be amazed at what some paint can do to your home. A new hue can cover imperfections and give the room a blast of color it needs.
* New Fixtures Just like lighting, the fixtures in the home become outdated quickly. Start with the kitchen faucet and then move to the bathrooms.
* Paint Cabinets/Add new Hardware If you have new cabinets in the budget, then you should go for it. However, if your budget is limited, then you may want to try to paint them. Painting old cabinets and installing new hardware will give the kitchen a facelift.
* Rip Out Old Carpeting Carpet is great when it is new; however, when it is old and dingy, it can really have a negative impact on a space. Hardwoods are the best option, followed by laminate floors. However, if you are stretched for money, there are creative options online that allow you to do great things with your floor for less.
* Add Curb Appeal The curb appeal of the home is everything. It does not matter how great the inside looks if the outside is in a shambles. Clean up any dead plants and add some new. Be sure to pick flowers and shrubs that bloom at different times. This will allow you to have color year round.
* Repaint Ceilings Ceilings are often overlooked. They are usually white and the color is reserved for the walls. However, people do not realize how dirty these ceilings can be. A fresh coat of paint on the ceiling can really enhance the whole room.
* Replace the Windows New windows are expensive, but they are important. If you have old windows in your home, you need to spend the money to upgrade them. Windows are great for keeping elements at bay. You will save yourself money in the long run.
Author:Sheryl Volk Phone: 561-389-8670 Dated: April 7th 2017 Views: 29 About Sheryl: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-701-8124 now.
If the thought of spending hours in the kitchen on Thursday just doesn
"Among the real estate brokers that 1've worked with, Mrs. Margarita Zhemukhova is the only one that 1 felt comfortable and gave me an ease of mind to work with. She is responsible , conscientious , hard working and reliable agent. I would recommend her to all my families and my friends for real estate"