Designing your own home can be exciting, but it's a lot more work than buying an existing house. With so many moving pieces involved, knowing what works and what doesn't is key. Protect your home's long-term value by sidestepping these five avoidablepitfalls of building a new home.
1. Forgetting About Storage Space From seasonal items to extra bedding, everything requires a temporary home when not in use. For that, you'll need plenty of storage space. Some simple solutions might include a few extra closets, a sizeable garage space or built-in cabinets and shelving.
2. Skimping on Materials Anything worth doing is worth doing right, and new home construction is no exception. Even if you're watching your pennies, try not to scrimp on quality, especially when it comes to important things like flooring. The materials you choose can have a huge impact on your home's overall value.
3. Overlooking Energy Efficiency For anenergy-efficient home design, make sure to use earth- and wallet-friendly features like well-sealed windows and green materials during the build. These are your strongest assets in keeping heating and cooling costs down long-term.
4. Losing Sight of Current and Future Needs Design for your current needs, but keep the future in mind, too. For instance, do you plan to have children? Are you going to pursue a specific hobby, such as woodworking, when you retire? Whatever the future holds, work with your builder to create a dream home that willsupport your evolving needs.
5. Letting Someone Else Decide You don't need to keep up with the Joneses to have an ideal space. Only you and your family know what you need most in a new home, so choose and upgrade according to your preferences alone.
In the end, building your ideal home is about identifying both what you want and what you don't want. Choose wisely so your new abode will be comfortable, efficient and attractive to future buyers.
Author:Shannon Havasi Phone: 561-706-7787 Dated: October 13th 2017 Views: 64 About Shannon: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-792-3948 now.
Click the link below to see how staging your home will help it sell fa
"Tue, May 17, 2016
Just wanted to take a moment to recommend an outstanding real estate agent. About a year ago my wife and I looked into buying a new house. We looked at exit realty's website and the next morning we received a call from Joseph Schneider. He is a true professional with an outstanding personality he will instantly make you feel welcome as if you're working with a longtime friend. My wife had unusual requests for the property and Joseph listened and found the property meeting all our needs. He is patient and knowledgeable I would recommend him to all. We purchased our new home in August and since then Joseph has remained in contact, just checking in from time to time. You can look but I doubt you will find a better agent !"