The kitchen is quite often the heart of the home. Even if the buyer struggles with the art of boiling water, he or she will want the most beautiful, spacious kitchen complete with new stainless steel appliances.
If you are selling a home with a small kitchen this could put you at a disadvantage in the market.
However, below are a few tips on making your kitchen appear larger; which may help you even the playing field just a bit:
1. Clear away all clutter especially from the counter space.
2. Limit the appliances stored on the counter to only ONE, the toaster, blender, or coffee maker but not all three at one time.
3. Keep the decor simple with light neutral paint. Lighter colors make the room appear larger.
4. Keep the decorations simple with 1 - 2 cookbooks and a pretty bowl filled with lemons or green apples on the counter or table.
5. Put away personal pictures and the children's artwork. The buyer needs to be able to visualize themselves in the space and will struggle to look beyond what they see.
6. Minimize window treatments and show the home with the blinds or curtains open utilizing and emphasizing the natural light to create an open, airy feel; which also gives the illusion of more space.
7. Make certain that all surfaces are degreased and shine like new money. This includes appliances, counter tops, cabinets, fixtures and flooring. When the kitchen sparkles, buyers will focus on how great things look rather than how small it is.
Picture from HGTV.com
Author:Aneita Williams Phone: 561-425-3255 Dated: October 6th 2016 Views: 164 About Aneita: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-792-3948 now.
"Among the real estate brokers that 1've worked with, Mrs. Margarita Zhemukhova is the only one that 1 felt comfortable and gave me an ease of mind to work with. She is responsible , conscientious , hard working and reliable agent. I would recommend her to all my families and my friends for real estate"