Here are 10 easy ways you can reduce the amount of energy you are using and put a little extra cash in your pocket.
1. Replace your air-conditioning/heating filter every 30 days. The harder your unit has to work, the more energy it is using.
2. Stop those drafts and cover your windows with blackout curtains or window tint. Some of these tints can block out up to 73% of the heat and 95% of the UV rays. And we lose a lot of energy out the front door, so check the weather stripping. Its simple to replace and not expensive at all.
3. Try to use your appliances during "off peak" hours. Most people wash dishes and laundry during the day and this is when the power company charges the most for electricity.
4. Replace those light bulbs with LED. They only use pennies a month to run and you can buy them in bulk from places like Costco®.
6. Since we waste a lot of water every time you flush a toilet, you can do this simple trick: fill a half gallon jug with sand and place it in your toilet tank. This will save on the amount of water being flushed and it's cheaper than buying a new toilet!
7. Buy an energy cost monitor. This monitor with tell you how much energy you are using at any given time. You can turn appliances on and off and see the effects it has on your meter. Now you will be able to see how much that TV is really costing you.
8. Keep your refrigerator stocked. The more food/drink you have in there, the colder it will stay.
9. Use those ceiling fans! They don't use that much energy, but they will do a great job at moving the air around so the A/C doesn't have to run that much.
10. Use power saving strips and remember to unplug appliances that you are not using. Even if it is off and plugged in, it is still using energy!
Author:Victor DeFrisco Phone: 561-951-3759 Dated: April 3rd 2017 Views: 282 About Victor: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-792-3948 now.
"Tue, May 17, 2016
Just wanted to take a moment to recommend an outstanding real estate agent. About a year ago my wife and I looked into buying a new house. We looked at exit realty's website and the next morning we received a call from Joseph Schneider. He is a true professional with an outstanding personality he will instantly make you feel welcome as if you're working with a longtime friend. My wife had unusual requests for the property and Joseph listened and found the property meeting all our needs. He is patient and knowledgeable I would recommend him to all. We purchased our new home in August and since then Joseph has remained in contact, just checking in from time to time. You can look but I doubt you will find a better agent !"