You know that feeling when you’re looking at your home and something just seems, well,off? But you just can’t put your finger on what’s missing? These are the moments to call in the experts. We spoke with interior decorator Alex Papachristidis and he shared nine secrets for crafting the perfect room (hint: Don’t try to mimic a hotel) and the finishing touches that every space needs, but are often overlooked. Inspired? We’ve got nine ways to implement his ideas in your home right now.
1. A lot of people don’t understand curtains anymore—I’m such a curtain person. Carpets, upholstery, curtains—these give a room softness and luxury and
2. People oftentimes try to model their home after a hotel, which is the wrong approach. You should never want your home to look like a hotel—it’s so impersonal.
3. People don’t really pay attention to the size of the rug, which is very important. A big rug in a big room makes the room incredible.
4. Be sure to have chic lampshades. Step back to smaller, simple things. You can find really chic lampshades at Pottery Barn.
5. Something that is really important to me that a lot of people don’t pay attention to is flowers and plants in the house. It’s so pretty to have something alive in the house like a fern or some kind of plant. It brings life into the house and feels cozy.
6. Nothing is prettier than candlelight when you entertain. You dim the light in the room and it just feels so romantic and pretty. It’s just about creating atmosphere.
they set the tone for the art and furniture.
7. You have to have a few beautiful accessories to ground a room. This is what separates a generic room from a very personal-feeling room. These days there is a lot more accessibility to really special items—you can look at really chic interiors and find more affordable ways to find those things. Auctions are incredible for this. Everyone should be paying attention to them.
8. I always urge clients to find something they want to collect. Whether it’s Chinese porcelain or sculptures, there are so many things you can collect that will make your home very personal and also be a conversation piece.
9. When you travel, buy beautiful objects and things. Though, obviously, maintain a focus and don’t make your home look like a souvenir store. Nothing wrong with souvenirs, just make them special.
Vogue Magazine Article
Author:Peggy ONeill Phone: 561-827-6672 Dated: December 28th 2016 Views: 257 About Peggy: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-792-3948 now.
OPEN HOUSE TODAY 1-3PM 8186 White Rock Circle, Boynton Beach, FL
"Thu, May 19, 2016
Joseph Schneider went above and beyond the capacity of a realtor. He facilitated in making the process of us purchasing our first home less stressful because of his knowledge and experience. Joseph made sure that every aspect of our transaction was handled in a professional and timely manner. Whatever we asked for in our search for the perfect home, he made sure that he did his due diligence. Joseph was referred to us and we would most definitely refer him to anyone who is looking to purchase or sell a home."