Is your kitchen becoming an eye sore? Would you like to spruce it up without putting a dent in your bank account? Well, you don't have to go to a custom kitchen store in order to make a big difference. Here are a few budget-friendly suggestions that will give your kitchen an updated look.
1. Change your cabinet hardware. Kitchen hardware comes in all styles, shapes and colors so finding something that will make the kitchen look new won't be difficult. If you go to a home improvement center, don't limit yourself to the off the rack styles. There are literally thousands of hardware products available in their special order books which are affordable and won't make your kitchen look like everyone else. Be sure to measure the openings where the hardware is fastened so that you don't order the pulls or knobs that won't fit.
2. Install a new faucet and sink. Look for a finish and style that works well with your current kitchen. And it isn't necessary that you change the style as much as just having it be new.
3. Try adding a tile or decorative backsplash. There are so many decorative options for backsplashes including glass, metal, ceramic and other natural stones that can really make your kitchen look amazing. The best part is if you are handy it is relatively inexpensive to do this on your own. 4. Replace or install new lighting fixtures. Installing under cabinet lighting can also do a lot to enhance the look and feel of your kitchen. The good news is thanks to LED technology, under cabinet lighting is something that even the most novice of homeowners can do and it isn't as expensive as you think.
5.Upgrade your countertops. Old countertops can make a kitchen feel dated. The cost to have new tops made and installed isn't as expensive as you might think, particularly if you can get a good buy on the materials.
6. Refinish or paint your cabinets. There are companies that specialize in refinishing cabinets. Usually the cost of doing this is far less than the cost of purchasing and installing all new cabinets. With a limited budget, you can basically have a whole new look for a fraction of the cost of new cabinets and the best part is you won't have to empty the cabinets while you are having the work done.
7. Get new appliances. Most home improvement stores have great deals on kitchen appliance packages for under $2,500 which include refrigerators, ranges, microwaves and dishwashers.
With some careful consideration and planning, you can make your kitchen feel like new without having to spend a fortune.
Author:Stephen Snow Phone: 561-291-1783 Dated: May 26th 2016 Views: 326 About Stephen: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are a full service real estate brokerage with over 100 agents to serve you. Let us be your real estate resource. Regardless whether you need to buy or sell now, or sometime in the future, let us help you. We are no pressure and will always try and help. Contact us at 561-792-3948 now.
OPEN HOUSE TODAY 1-3PM 8186 White Rock Circle, Boynton Beach, FL
"Tue, May 17, 2016
Just wanted to take a moment to recommend an outstanding real estate agent. About a year ago my wife and I looked into buying a new house. We looked at exit realty's website and the next morning we received a call from Joseph Schneider. He is a true professional with an outstanding personality he will instantly make you feel welcome as if you're working with a longtime friend. My wife had unusual requests for the property and Joseph listened and found the property meeting all our needs. He is patient and knowledgeable I would recommend him to all. We purchased our new home in August and since then Joseph has remained in contact, just checking in from time to time. You can look but I doubt you will find a better agent !"